5.13.2009

Mediterranean Pizza



A yummy pizza inspired by my love for feta cheese! This salty cheese really pops in this pizza!


  • fresh pizza dough
  • 1 package of spinach
  • 1/4 of onion
  • pinch of oregano
  • EVOO
  • Kalamata olives
  • Chopped tomato
  • 1 garlic clove (or cube in this case)
  • 1/2 tub of feta cheese
  • 1 cup mozzerella
Arrange the pizza dough on a pizza stone and prick with fork all over. Parbake at 475F for about 5 minutes. This will ensure a crispy pizza, not a yucky, doughy one.

While this is baking, saute the garlic, oregano and onion in EVOO. When onion is transluscent, add the spinach and cover. Cook til wilted.

Arrange the toppings on the pizza in the following order:
  1. spinach
  2. feta
  3. tomato
  4. mozz
Bake in a 500F degree oven till browned and bubbly, about 7 mins.

Garnish with sliced olives.

Note: I used Lite Mozzerella, which doesn't melt the way it should, and it doesn't brown. So you forgo the taste/appearance, but the calories you save might make up for it :)

4 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

That looks really great.

And on the subject of pizza, Thomasena's on Gay Street just made my best of the area pizza list. Super thin crust.

They've only been open for a few months.

Kimmie said...

Thanks Zibbs! I'm surprised you didn't comment on my Taste of Olive bottle :P

Never heard of Thomasenas...what's it near?

Pam said...

Now that is a perfect pizza. I love feta on anything.

Chris said...

Hate you....I skipped lunch today;)

That looks great! I will have to try this with the "brick oven" set up on my BGE!